You may be experiencing some intermittent WiFi connection issues for a variety of reasons. Here are some suggestions.
- Have your student work with their Chromebook as close to your WiFi source as possible. Different devices in your home will work better/worse with in-home wifi.
- Reboot your home WiFi router/access point. (This is a suggestion, not a requirement. We cannot be responsible if doing so adversely effects customized router and wifi settings.)
Another possible cause could be that Google ChromeOS on the Chromebook is not updated. Please make sure your ChromeOS is updated to current version to see if that resolves the connection issues.
How to check to ensure your Google Chrome is up to date:
- From your Child's Google Chromebook, open Google.
- Click on the 3 stacked dots in the upper right corner and then click Settings.
- In your settings, at the bottom of the settings menu, click About Chrome in the bottom of the settings menu on the left.
- After you click About Chrome, it should tell you what Version your Google is on. You'll want to make sure it's at Version 80. If it's on 79 you'll need to update it. Click on the link that say, Chrome OS Settings.
- You should see a button that says Update, Check for Updates, or Restart. Click the button, allow several minutes to update the Chrome operating system and then restart the Chromebook.
After you have confirmed your Google Chrome is up to date and you are still experiencing internet glitches and/or being dropped and reconnected to the internet please email firstname.lastname@example.org and someone will be in touch with you shortly.